Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our Story

I am posting from my office now...we have been back in the states for a week and trying to download all that we have experienced. We have enjoyed speaking with our church family at dinners, softball games, email and phone. Western Reserve family members have been passionate about learning the condition of the Third World, how our family did, and most important...the kids...What was it like to meet our kids?! We have enjoyed downloading with our church family.

Returned to a church that is crazy in love with Jesus! You guys are nuts!! I love serving alongside you and watching Jesus changing lives every weekend. We are seeing significant things happen. Jesus is restoring marriages and people are re
ceiving Christ every week...amazing.

I am using this media to announce for the first time that Western Reserve has rescued 5 more kids! Yeah! Praise God! Once we know their names and have pix, we will let you know! If you have not checked out Asia'a hope you should do so. The deeper I dug into this organization the more I appreciated their hearts and mission. They are the real deal!


Been thinking this week about our story. Not the story of Western Reserve, although I will speak of it, but our story. The story that we are all writing. My son, Caleb, will turn 12 in August, and this week enters into our youth
ministry at Western Reserve. The story of his "early" years is written. We now move into the "tweener" years. In reflection, I ask questions about his first 12 years: What does Jesus look like to him? Does he believe that God can move mountains? Can he testify of God blowing his mind, and tell stories of faith? Does he know more about God than the movement of God? Is following Jesus exciting? Does fear or faith define him?

Not sure the answers are clear, but I know he has a story. I pray that he finds Jesus to be worth the risk...worth the cost. I pray that he will find that risking all for Jesus is where true security is found, and giving all to Jesus is where he will find adventure and passion for life. Go Caleb...blow the doors off the next six years for Jesus. Mom and Dad will be the ones you hear cheering in the background.

Speaking this week from Luke 7. My message is entitled Make Us Dangerous. I have been a sponge all week and am praying that God will wring me out this weekend.

Blessings,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment