Thursday, May 7, 2009



Its been another crazy and wonderful week. I reported in last week's blog entry that we saw 15 come to know Christ in our weekend services. This week, I preached a message about baptism and we have 22 people (mostly adults) that are going to be baptized at our "Night of Celebration." God is on the move.

This movement brings me to my thought and reflection for the week. Do we anticipate movement when the people of God come together? When we plan services or think about the weekend, is the anticipation of what God is going to do this week our focus? Am I an idealist to say...it should be?

Ephesians 3:20 says that He is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask, hope, or imagine

The problem with the church today is that we continually seek to measure our lives. And when we try to measure everything (including church), we remove the immeasurable greatness of God. We then sit and wonder why God isn't moving. The answer...we stopped asking, hoping, imagining...focusing.

Last week I was talking to a staff member and he told me that there seemed to be a tension in the church. Not a negative tension, but a personal tension of people not wanting to miss what would happen in their lives this week. A few days later, between our weekend services, I had several unsolicited comments from those that missed the previous weekend, stating that they felt regret because they missed a week of God moving! That's good tension! My prayer is that Western Reserve would begin (or continue) to imagine the ideal. That we, as a body anticipate movement. Not manufactured, but authentic. I believe this to be the most effective way to impact the world, and the most effective way to reach those seeking purpose. 

Speaking this week on 7 things I want my children to know. I've never preached a sermon like this, but I am excited. I am reviewing the message with Marcie to get her input and heart as a Mom. I can't wait to see how God is going to unpack this thing! Please pray that God will light a fire in the hearts of parents, singles, and marriages through the sharing of my heart in accordance with His Word!

Its going to be an INCREDIBLE WEEKEND!!!! To God be all glory!

Until next week,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment