Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A New Season

Incredible week. Marcie and I are amazed at how God continues to use Western Reserve. This weekend we saw 15 people commit their lives to Jesus Christ and broke another attendance record which, by the way, has been happening every 2-3 weekends! The people of Western Reserve get it! Praise God...we are on  journey together! May God be glorified!

I am speaking this weekend on baptism. Touchy subject, especially in
our culture here in Northeast Ohio. In fact, baptism is the question most frequently posed to me. People from different religious backgrounds who are honestly searching for clarity on the topic ask the "baptism" question. All who come from this background understand that baptism is important, and has significant spiritual implications, but many do not have clarity on its meaning and depth. So, this week I am going to lay it out with honesty and Biblical clarity. My prayer is that we have a flood of people that say, "I am ready...dunk me!" How cool would it be that a line is created of people that are waiting to jump in the water...what a celebration! Changed lives my friends...changed lives! Please God, turn our hearts to you, that we might proclaim your name in every aspect of our lives!

Catalyst Church to join Western Reserve!!
If you were at our weekend services you'll remember that I spoke with you about Western Reserve making plans for our first campus. I asked all to pray as I met with the body and leaders of Catalyst church to discuss joining Western Reserve. The purpose of them joining us would be to prepare for a re-launch of this group under Western Reserve. If God leads, we will launch this group of people (some from Western Reserve) as our first regional campus. The goal would be Easter 
2010.

The gathering went great! I was moved by the hearts of the people of this church plant. The key phrase that I walked away with was...heartbroken but hopeful. Heartbroken because their investment, as they currently know it, is transitioning. However, the vision and heart of the church is not changing. There was hope last night as I shared with people the vision of seeing the dream realized. We dream of reaching people in different cities around Northeast Ohio, and I believe that God can do this. This group of people (40-60 in number) is going to begin a 3 seasonal approach with Western Reserve:

Season #1 - As a group, they will join Western Reserve for the next four Saturdays to investigate and understand the heart and passion of Western Reserve Church.

Season #2 - As God leads in the hearts of individuals, they will determine if they are called to this vision. If they sense this leading, they will commit to the summer with us.

Season #3 - If all is going well come Fall 2009, they will continue to be involved at Western Reserve as we make plans for our first campus in the Kent/Stow area.

If you are a member of Western Reserve I ask you to do two things: 1.) Pray! 
2.) Get to know these folks...they are part of us now and need us to surround them with love and grace. I can't wait for them to meet you!

I believe God is going to kill it this weekend! I am preparing my heart and my message...Lord Jesus, help me not to waste the time you have given me this day! May you be glorified!

For the week...Jason

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog and hearing what is going on in your heart and your family's lives. thank you for keeping up with it, you are doing a great job. We love you and your family dearly. The Bush's.

    ReplyDelete